Winter came early this year in the Okanagan sending everyone into a rush to get winter ready. Shoveling snow is one of the more commonly seen causes of injuries in this season but can easily be preventable!
Some quick tips when it comes to shoveling snow:
1) Pick an ergonomically friendly shovel.
2) Warm up prior to digging in. See here for warm up techniques.
3) Use ergonomic lifting techniques. See here for ergonomic lifting techniques.
4) Take your time.
5) Wear appropriate footwear.
6) Alternatively, use a snowblower.
Click here to see more.
Just some current information about your health and lifestyle. These blog posts will link you to external sites which host the articles we'll be bringing up. Check back frequently for new articles!
©2008 - 2017 MCS Inc. dba Kelowna Laser Therapy Clinic *all rights reserved, results may vary